This Privacy Notice applies to all personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) we collect and process. It covers what we collect and how we use, disclose, transfer, and store Personal Data as well as your rights to this information. We value your privacy and observe due care in processing and protecting Personal Data. We recommend you read this notice carefully.
We process Personal Data through the SOVA/S2K2 websites, applications (“SOVA/S2K2 Sites”) and services. By voluntarily using the SOVA/S2K2 Sites and services, and/or providing data or other information via the SOVA/S2K2 Sites and services, you are indicating your consent to this Privacy Notice and agreement to be bound by its terms.
Who we are
The SOVA/S2K2 Sites are provided by SOVA/S2K2 Technologies Private Limited, an entity established in Chennai, under the laws of India.
You may submit inquiries regarding personal data protection, privacy and security matters or contact us for other reasons via firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at our Headquarters postal address.
The scope of this Privacy Notice includes the collection of Personal Data through:
- The website available at www.sovaplatform.com, www.s2k2holdings.com, www.hisova.com, and other web sites from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice;
- Our social media pages located at [LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.] (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”);
- HTML or Text formatted email messages and polls that we send to you and that link to this Privacy Notice;
and applies to all visitors/users of the SOVA/S2K2 Sites and services, and our Social Media Pages.
You may visit the SOVA/S2K2 Sites anonymously, without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need certain Personal Data from you.
You may choose to provide us with Personal Data (such as your name, email address and company name) through the SOVA/S2K2 Sites when you elect to register with SOVA/S2K2 in order to use our products or access premium content or to make use of the SOVA Platform as community member or developer or any other category of user. When you provide Personal Data in order to register with SOVA/S2K2, such Personal Data will be used in order to provide you with access to the requested products, services, content and/or information. We may also use Personal Data to help us understand who is using our products and services, to support you in the development as a community member or developer or any other category of user and to optimize the use of the SOVA Platform, and to help us manage business development activities.
How we collect Personal Data
We may collect your Personal Data:
- When you contact us with your questions, comments, ideas, complaints, or communicate with SOVA/S2K2 (including when applying for employment with SOVA/S2K2): we may collect various information, depending on the manner in which you contact us (e.g., if you send us an email, we will collect your email address; if you solicit for a job, we will collect your details as provided in your application) and the reason for contacting us. In any case, we will collect your contact details to be able to respond and further communicate with you.
- When you subscribe to our newsletters, blogs and updates mailing list: we will collect your email address and country.
- When you submit a support ticket with SOVA/S2K2: we will collect your email address so we can respond to your report. You will also need to describe the problem that you have experienced with our services so we can take care of it. We strongly recommend you not to send us screenshots and/or attachments that contain production data of your applications, or any confidential or personal data, when you submit a support ticket with us.
- When you visit the SOVA/S2K2 Sites: SOVA/S2K2 may also collect certain data from your computer and internet connection, including the IP address of your computer, the date and time you accessed our web sites, the internet address of web sites from which you link to the SOVA/S2K2 Sites, the device you are using (such as laptop or tablet or mobile phone) and your movements and preferences on the SOVA/S2K2 Sites.
- When you sign up to use the SOVA Platform: When you participate in the SOVA Platform as a community member or developer or any other category of user we will collect Platform Usage statistics and analytics that consist of Personal Data (such as your name, email address, company, certification, platform activities).
- When you subscribe to a course or training offered by SOVA/S2K2: We collect your first and last name, your email address, your telephone number, the region, the name of the company you work and other information as may be requested during the sign-up process.
- When you attend a webinar or an online event of SOVA/S2K2: We collect your first name, last name, email address, company name, country, the area of focus and other information as may be requested during the sign-up process.
- From other sources: we may receive Personal Data from other sources, marketing partners, social media platforms, talent acquisition partners, from your co-workers and friends, as well as from other third parties. We also may receive data from publicly available sources by data enrichment services.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Data about you offline, such as when you attend one of our events or visit our exhibition booths by scanning your badge or call our customer service representatives.
If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us in connection with our services or talent acquisition, you represent you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Newsletters & Updates
If you subscribe to our newsletter and/or updates, we will use your email address to send the newsletter and/or updates to you. You may unsubscribe at any time by using the link in each newsletter or to unsubscribe or update communication.
If you use our blog or forum on the SOVA/S2K2 Sites (e.g., Developer Portal, Community pages), you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs and forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
We collect information from visits to the SOVA/S2K2 Sites to help us provide a better experience, service and to make the SOVA/S2K2 Sites as user friendly and purposeful as possible. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on the SOVA/S2K2 Sites. However, when we do so, we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous.
SOVA/S2K2 may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide a better user experience and service. None of the information described in this paragraph is reviewed at an individual level.
Links to Other Websites
The SOVA/S2K2 Sites may contain links to other websites. SOVA/S2K2 is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. The links from the SOVA/S2K2 Sites to other websites do not imply that SOVA/S2K2 endorses or has reviewed the third-party websites. We suggest contacting the operators of those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Platform Usage Analytics
We collect information from visits to the SOVA Platform to help us and our community members, developers and customers to provide a better experience, service and give insight into developments. This analysis, statistics and other data generated by your use of the SOVA Platform may be disclosed to your team members.
Use of Personal Data
We use Personal Data only when we are allowed to by law and only for the reasons, we collected it. Most commonly, the reasons are the performing of a contract with you or your employer, the consent you gave to us, when it is necessary for our legitimate interests (and your interests and rights don’t override ours), and when we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
We may use Personal Data:
- To login you to the SOVA/S2K2 Sites;
- To manage our relationship with you, such as your registration to our events or as a customer;
Providing you with the products and services you have requested;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To send administrative information to you, such as the services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To allow you to send messages to your connections through the services;
- To send marketing communications that may be relevant to you;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving and modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities;
- To understand your use of the SOVA/S2K2 Platform as a community member or developer;
- To support you as a developer in your performance, your training and the development of your projects;
- To support your team in the performance on the projects your team is working on;
- To allow you to participate in prize draws, competitions and promotional activities and to administer these activities (some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully);
- To facilitate social sharing functionality; and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and property, and that of our affiliates, you and others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use Personal Data for compatible purposes if we think we need to do so.
For any uses on the basis of legitimate interest, we have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to ensure that such processing isn’t overridden by your rights or interests.
Developing the SOVA Platform: We use aggregated and personal data about your use of the SOVA Platform and services to develop the platform. These activities are necessary to fulfill our interest in creating a better platform and helping us create better technology and better communications.
Share Personal Data
SOVA/S2K2 is not in the business of selling Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- SOVA/S2K2, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions, such as web site hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, processing payments, and other similar services. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are being able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose will become public information and may be available to users of the SOVA/S2K2 Sites and services, and our Social Media Pages, and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information about yourself.
- To your connections associated with your social media account, to other web site users, as well as to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity, such as if you connect your social media account to your SOVA/S2K2 account or log into your SOVA/S2K2 account from your social media account. By connecting your SOVA/S2K2 account and your social media account, you authorize us to share information with your social media account provider and you understand that the use of the information we share will be governed by the social media site’s privacy notice. If you do not want Personal Data about you shared with other users or with your social media account provider, please do not connect your social media account with your SOVA/S2K2 account and do not participate in social sharing on the SOVA/S2K2 Sites and services.
- SOVA/S2K2 may share your registration data for an event of SOVA/S2K2 with Partners of SOVA/S2K2 who are listed on the registration page, The Partners will use your registration data for the purposes of their participation in the event. If a Partner intends to use your personal data for any other purposes, they will contact you to explain how and for which other purposes they will use your registration data.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) we may disclose Personal Data to a third party.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate we may also disclose Personal Data to a third party: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and property, and that of our affiliates, you and others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain.
Personal Data related to you is treated as strictly confidential and we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss and unlawful processing of such information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately about the problem by contacting us.
If you tell us that you do not want us to use Personal Data as a basis for further contact, we will respect your wishes. Regarding our use of the Personal Data about you, you can exercise a variety of the rights, such as:
- Request access to the Personal Data we have about you;
- Ask us to erase Personal Data we have about you;
- Object any processing we do on the basis of legitimate interests;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of Personal Data about you;
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or updates, unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each newsletter or update communication;
If you want to exercise any of the foregoing rights or have any other question regarding the Personal Data related to you, please contact us at: email@example.com.
In your request, please let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of Personal Data related to you. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note also that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Data Storage, Archival & Removal Policy
- Purpose: S2K2/SOVA will collect, store, archive and remove customer data only for the purposes of fulfilling its contractual obligations, providing customer support, and complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- Data Collection: S2K2/SOVA will collect customer data only when it is necessary for the purposes listed above, and will collect only the minimum amount of data required to fulfill those purposes.
- Access Control: S2K2/SOVA will implement appropriate access controls to ensure that customer data is only accessed by authorized personnel with a legitimate need-to-know.
- Encryption: S2K2/SOVA will encrypt customer data both in transit and at rest, using industry-standard encryption methods, to ensure that it is protected against unauthorized access.
- Retention Period: Customer Data will be retained only for the period necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, as specified in the agreement between S2K2/SOVA and the customer, or as required by law or regulation.
- Secure Storage: Customer Data will be stored securely in accordance with industry best practices and applicable laws and regulations. Access to Customer Data will be restricted to authorized personnel only.
- Data Removal Requests: Customers may request the removal of their data at any time. S2K2/SOVA will process such requests within a reasonable timeframe, subject to any legal or regulatory obligations that may require the retention of the data.
- Data Destruction: When the retention period for Customer Data has expired or when a removal request has been received, S2K2/SOVA will securely destroy the data using industry-standard methods to ensure that it cannot be recovered.
- Archival: Customer Data that is no longer required for the fulfillment of contractual obligations or compliance with applicable laws and regulations may be archived for the purpose of record-keeping or legal compliance. Such archival data will be securely stored and access will be restricted to authorized personnel only.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: S2K2/SOVA will maintain regular backups of customer data and implement appropriate disaster recovery measures to ensure that customer data can be restored in the event of a system failure or other disaster.
- Notification: S2K2/SOVA will notify customers in the event of any data breach or unauthorized access to their Customer Data, as required by law or regulation.
- Compliance: S2K2/SOVA will comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the storage, archival and disposal of Customer Data.
Data Deletion Request Process
- Receipt of Request: Upon receipt of a customer’s request for data deletion via email, S2K2 will acknowledge the request within 3 business days and provide the customer with an estimated timeframe for completion of the request.
- Verification: S2K2 will verify the identity of the customer by requesting additional information as necessary to confirm that the request is legitimate.
- Locate Data: S2K2 will locate the customer’s data within its systems and ensure that all relevant data is identified and flagged for deletion.
- Deletion: S2K2 will securely delete the customer’s data from its systems, using industry-standard methods to ensure that it cannot be recovered.
- Confirmation: Once the data deletion process is complete, S2K2 will provide the customer with confirmation of the deletion and any other relevant information that the customer may require.
- Follow-up: S2K2 will follow up with the customer after a reasonable period of time to confirm that they are no longer receiving any communication from S2K2 or its systems.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change our business and the SOVA/S2K2 Sites from time to time. As a result, at times it may be necessary for us to make changes to this Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to update or modify this Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice. We recommend that you review this Privacy Notice regularly so that you remain informed of any changes. Your continued use of the SOVA/S2K2 Sites after any changes or revisions to this Privacy Notice shall indicate your agreement with the terms of such revised notice.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on April 19, 2023.